16 November 2017

Dead in the water

That's what we used to say in Silicon Valley. In other words, there is an obstacle that can't be overcome, and we can't do anything about it.

Out toward the end of the road

In my case, it's my laptop computer. It's the computer I use early in the morning to compose my blog posts. The power supply has given up the ghost. I've ordered a new one, but it might not get here for another couple of days. I'll be back soon, I hope. The computer itself seems to work just fine, but the battery has a limited lifespan. It just doesn't have any incoming juice.

10 comments:

  1. Once, I had to replace the battery in my Mac laptop of the day and it worked fine afterwards. Are you able to recover what's inside your computer? Hope you get the right solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new power supply arrived today. I ordered it on Tues. 14 Nov. from a vendor in Paris via Amazon.fr. Shipping was free. It came this morning (16 Nov.), and it works. The laptop's internal battery is fine. It was the external bloc d'alimentation that was defective. It had been working only intermittently for weeks or even months. If it was jostled at all, it would stop suppyling current. I bought the computer in the U.S. about 6 months ago, so I don't believe it is sous garantie in France. But all's well that ends well. I'm now good to go again.

      Delete
    2. Glad you are back in business. Tout est bien qui finit bien (Shakespeare).

      Delete
    3. Est-ce que Chaque-euh-spé-ar a dit cela dans la langue de Molière ?

      Delete
    4. Euh! Oui, probablement. À l'époque, on était poli de la glotte!

      Delete
    5. P.S. I think in good French it is pronounced Chat-caisse-pe-are.
      What about Chole-monde-lait?

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad it was only the power supply!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not only glad that it was just a power supply issue but that the problem was solved so quickly ... I hate issues with computers and I hate waiting to read my favorite blog ... so I am happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm way over the top on all this computer stuff. Anything can go completely wrong at any moment.

      Delete

What's on your mind? Qu'avez-vous à me dire ?